I was going to put together a list of Farmers’ Markets in Central Arkansas, but then I found that Julie over at Real Food in Little Rock already had a great list of Farmers’ Markets in Little Rock. Go Here to check it out.
If you’re not in Little Rock, check out Local Harvest’s Website to find a Farmers’ Market near you. You can search a variety of different types of resources by zip code.
And, if you’re looking for a working farm to visit, an orchard where you can pick your own fruit, or a dairy where you can watch cheese being made, check out Arkansas’s Agrotourism’s website.
Reasons why I love taking advantage of Farmers’ Markets and Agrotourism:
- We get to be outside and active
- While our kids are having fun, they’re also learning about where our food comes from
- Our family gets access to tasty and healthy local foods
- We try new foods and expand our palates
- We support local farmers and businesses